Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Things A Beginner Cloth Pad User Should Know


Starting off cloth can be a little bit overwhelming. There is tons pf makers that offer different styles, materials and lengths. 

Styles- flared, straight, curved, round
Length- there are lots of lengths available from 6in to 16in. They vary between light, moderate and heavy

Which one works best for you?
How do you find out?

Measure your boxer or brief panty from the top of the front waistline to determine the sizes in between that can work for you. If it is too big it can hang outside and if too small there is no coverage. I think 2 inches below would determine the size you would want to start off with.
Gusset- measure the inside of your panty to figure out what size works for you

Problem with your pad you ordered? Talk to the shop owner about your issue and concern. 

Weather- is it a hot where you are? Cotton or Wicking Jersey is recommended in the summer and Minky in the Winter


If I knew what I know now, I would try one or two styles just to get an idea of size, fit and length.  I'd try pul, windpro fleece and flannel backed. I'd try all fabrics. I'd research into shop owners and ask questions for a feel of their customer service.

Prairie Valley Cloth- the shop owner is so sweet, i learned my gusset size and length by her simply asking questions that helped me. She has wonderful customer service
Shop link:
https://www.facebook.com/prairievalleycloth 

Mother Moon Pads
Shop link:
https://www.facebook.com/mothermoonpads

Me Sew Funky
https://www.facebook.com/Me.Sew.Funky
Thrifty Mama Creations
Shop link




No comments:

Post a Comment